Overall, Dimensions are what allow you to categorize or order your data (e.g., date, product ID, acquisition channel, etc).
There are two types of Dimensions: Dimensions “from API” are those which are already available in your Data Source and Custom Dimensions can be created directly in Reeport, off the top of one or several Data Sources. Custom Dimensions are only available at the Widget level.
Technically speaking, Custom Dimension is a set of Custom Dimension values where each value takes the role of a row in your Widget.
A Custom Dimension value uses the parameters of a Data Input (Data Source & Date Range) and also Conditions.
To create a Custom Dimension:
- Choose “Custom” on the Widget Dimension option
- Click on the “Add one” button
- Name your Custom Dimension
- On the Custom Dimension window, click on “Add a Custom Dimension value”
- Name your row and fill in the Data Input
- Add Conditions to sample your Data
- If needed, add other Custom Dimension values and hit “Save”
- Once created don’t forget to activate it on the side panel located on the right hand side